Seas Company Ltd. (hereafter referred to as "the Company") strictly
adheres to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other
standards, and will take all possible measures to ensure the protection
of the important personal information of our customers.
Fundamental Positioning on the Handling of Personal Information
The Company strictly adheres to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. In accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company provides as follows an explanation of the handling and protection of personal information:
Regarding the Usage Goals of Customers' Personal Information
(1) Property information will be used to search for a transaction partner.
(2) Property information will be used to advertise on the internet, in pamphlets, and other means.
(3) Property information is in some instances used to register into the DesignatedInformationNetwork System's Property Search System "Reins" or other systems to search for a transaction partner. Furthermore, after the contract has been completed, the agreement information (agreement information does not include any names; it includes a summary of the property in question, the contract date, the agreed-upon price, and other information) will be provided to the Designated Information Network System (an organization that has been designated by the Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport under the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act). The Designated Information Network System will use this information for its designated purposes under the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act which include provision of the property and agreement information by electronic data and paper medium to Designated Information Network System Members, to real estate transaction agents, and to public groups.
(4) When a contract is entered into for the sale of real estate, to find a partner for a rental contract, or for any other sales, rental, mediation, or management contract, information will be used to provide the services based on the contract.
(5) In the event that management is conducted, information will be used to implement the work of the Management Consignment Contract entered into with the management association of the condominium or other property.
(6) Accompanying the above-written items 1-5, information will be used to send information or products from the Company or its affiliates thought to be beneficial to the customer, as well as to send notifications regarding after-service and maintenance work.
(7) Information will be kept on the books and as documentation in accordance with Article 49 of the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act.
(8) Information will be used for real estate sales and leasing price assessments. Agreement information used in price assessments may be provided to those requesting mediation as a "Basis of Opinion" as stipulated in Article 34 Section 2 of the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act.
(9) Information may be provided to the third parties written below.
Regarding the Usage Goals of Personal Information Held by the Company
(1) The Company is in possession of personal information acquired from
potential and current tenants during the course of real estate transactions
with the Company, applicants wishing to buy or sell property, property
owners receiving management or mediation consignments, information written
on application forms, contracts or other documents received from other
rights holders, as well as other personal information gathered through
(2) This information is used to execute the contract with the customer. In rental transactions the information is used for contract management, and for sales transactions it is used to perform post-contract management and after-care.
(3) The Company will use from the customer's personal information the customer's name, telephone number, and e-mail address in order to send direct mail introducing the products and services of the Company's partners thought to be beneficial to the customer, as well as introduce other real estate property services of the Company. Usage for these purposes will be halted upon request from the customer.
Regarding the Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Regarding the Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties Personal
information held by the Company may be provided to third parties during
the process of executing the contract with the customer, in accordance
with the type of business being conducted. In rental transactions the information
is provided for contract management, and for sales transactions it is provided
to implement post-contract management and after-care. Information that
may be provided includes the customer's name, address, telephone number,
birthday, real estate information, and agreement information. This information
may be provided in writing, by letter, over the internet, via e-mail, through
advertising mediums, or by other means. Information may be provided to
any of the following third parties, numbered 1-11. If requested by the
customer, information provision will be halted.
1. Persons that will be a party to the contract, or that may become party to the contract, based on the stipulations of the consignment received from the customer.
2. Real Estate Companies
3. Publishers or Organizations of Internet Advertisements or OtherAdvertisements
4. Designated Information Network Systems (In the event that there is a Privileged and Exclusive Brokerage Service Agreement or Exclusive Brokerage Service Agreement in effect, the real estate industry is required by the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act to register with a Designated Information Network System and provide it with the agreement information)
5. Judicial scriveners and real-estate surveyors for the purposes of registration.
6. Finance-related institutions involved in the accommodation of funds, etc.
7. Management providers, if the real estate in question requires management.
8. If an instance arises in which the Company performs management, personal information will be provided to the business consignees as stipulated in the Explanation of Material Issues in the Management Consignment Contract. If management fees are to be charged, personal information will be given to the financial institution or management association that is to be paid.
9. Credit history organizations, for credit references of the potential tenant (when required).
10. Collections agents, when the tenant's rent payments are delinquent.
11. Other third parties thought to be useful to the customer.
Protection Measures for Personal Information
1. This Company will regularly educate its employees on the protection
of personal information, and the information of customers will be strictly
2. Appropriate safety and management measures will be taken in regards to the Company's database, etc.
Outside Commission of Personal Information
When personal information held by the Company is commissioned outside of
the Company in part or in full, the necessary contracts will be concluded
and appropriate management and supervision will be conducted.
About Collaborative Use of Personal Information
When personal information held by this Company is used in a collaborative
manner, necessary measures will be taken as is stipulated in the Act on
the Protection of Personal Information.
For information regarding the protection of personal information, please
Seas Company Ltd.
TEL: 03-3440-5577 FAX: 03-3440-7422